I'm kicking off my DIY Christmas Season with this cute tabletop Christmas tree. The best part about this DIY decor is that I made it with items from the dollar store and things I had lying around the house! This tabletop Christmas tree is super cute and super simple to put together. Once you're done, you'll have a brand new centerpiece for your Christmas table!
3-4 Wire Coat Hangers
2-3 Green Tinsel Garlands
Floral Wire and Wire Cutters
Hot Glue Gun
1. Take two wire coat hangers and create a triangle shape with the hooks facing in. Wrap wire around the places the coat hangers meet to keep them in place.
2. Grab a third wire coat hanger and stick it in the middle of the triangle you just created hook first. Here, you can either add a fourth hager to the other side for a fatter tree, or manipulate the three hangers to have even space between them for a thinner and taller tree like I did.
3. Take the end of the green tinsel garland and hot glue it to the top of the coat hangers.
4. Wrap the tinsel garland around the hangers in a swirling pattern hot gluing the garland to each point on the hanger it touches.
5. When you reach the end of your first tinsel garland, take the beginning of the next tinsel garland and glue the two ends together. Continue to wrap the garland around the hangers gluing it to each spot on the hanger.
6. Your finished product should look something like this! If your tinsel garland comes up short, you can either cut the hangers or you can bend the end under. If you cut the ends, I suggest you put a dab of hot glue on each cut end to keep it from scratching you or your furniture. If your garland ends up being too long, cut the garland where you want it to end and glue it to the best spot available.
7. OPTIONAL: Take a medium sized ribbon and create a bow for the top of your tinsel tree! (I am not great at making bows, but I think this one turned out pretty cute for its purpose)
Now that you're all done, set it somewhere where everyone can see it!
I'm Jennifer, a 21 year-old crochet, craft, and DIY enthusiast who loves sharing her projects with the world. I hope you find inspiration in my posts. Keep checking back for new projects every week and don't forget to sign up for Beanies & Weenies newsletters!
Jennifer Hines is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.