Thanksgiving is a day away. Time has flown by this year and if you're anything like me, you keep running out of time to do things. With Thanksgiving so close, everyone is ready for a break. Why not take the time to create a fast, simple DIY banner to dress up your dining room just in time for that turkey dinner? This banner only costs $5 to make and takes up only an hour of your time.
1. Start by measuring out the length that you want your banner to be. For me, I measured out the length of my mantle and added several extra inches for slack and to tie the ends up.
2. Determine a triangle or rectangle size that fits all of the letters of your phrase evenly across the length of your banner.
3. Get to cutting! Cut the twine the length of your banner and cut the burlap in the sizes you need for your triangles or squares.
4. Glue the triangles or squares evenly across the twine. Let dry.
5. Write a single letter of your phrase on each triangle or square. This is where it gets tricky. Since the burlap has holes, just sharpie might not cut it. Paint will help make the letters darker and help them stand out. I free handed the letters on my banner, but you can use whatever stencil you want. Let dry.
6. Take a bunch of the fake leaves and glue one to each triangle or square. I tried to vary up the color, size, and placement of each leaf on my squares. You can even glue some leaves to the twine as well. Let dry.
And voila! You have a cheap, DIY Thanksgiving banner that took you no time at all to complete
I'm Jennifer, a 26 year-old crochet enthusiast who loves sharing my projects with the world. You shop shop a variety of my designs on Etsy!
Jennifer Hines is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.